The people of Aroostook understand the correlation between education and success.??Their way of life has consistently shown that knowledge and innovation are the keys to meeting any challenge.??Aroostook’s public schools have been ranked among the best in the country.
In The County, you’ll find two universities,??a technical college that is part of the Maine Technical College System and various college outreach programs.
- The University of Maine system has two campuses in Aroostook County
- Both schools are accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and designated baccalaureate institutions of the University of Maine System
- In addition to being part of the reputable University of Maine system, students can also benefit from the following:
- Student-professor ratios allow accessibility to the professors, encourage independent studies, and an unlimited opportunity to explore
- Family oriented due to the high concentration of non-traditional students
- Strong connection with the communities
- Safe campus and atmosphere
Northern Maine Technical College(NMTC)
- The Northern Maine Technical College, one of six colleges of the Maine Technical College system, offers businesses one of the most comprehensive training, retraining and education programs in the United??States.
- Offers 29 full-time degree and certificate programs in these areas: trade and tech, nursing and allied Health, business and Arts and Sciences to more than 1,200 full and part-time students.
- NMCC’s Continuing Education Division also offers a broad range of seminars, workshops and customized-training programs to both businesses and individual students.
- NMCC has off-campus locations in Houlton, Caribou, Van Buren, Fort Kent, Frenchville and Madawaska.
All high schools in the area are wired to the Internet with fiber optic lines and rooms are wired so that all rooms have access to computers.??Many are offering video conferencing and other capabilities via Smart Boards.
Public education in Aroostook is excellent??and recognized as some of the best in the nation.
The?Maine School of Science and Mathematics?(A magnet school) opened in September 1995 in Limestone, and is only one of 50 specialized schools across the nation.
- This is one of the first of its kind in the Northeastern Unites States.
Provides a full, well balanced humanities program of studies with an intensive emphasis on science and math offerings(for Juniors and Seniors in high school).